Monday, November 2, 2009

He's Baaaaack!

In the last couple of days I have made the discovery that my little feathered nemesis, the SOB (son of a bird) woodpecker has been back and very busy drilling yet more holes into my house.  I fill them in with fiberglass insulation, cover them up with can lids and he drills more.

I have tried to reason with him, pointing out the 32 acres of woods and trees which surround my house, filled with many dead and decaying trees - perfect homes for many tasty insects and many snug housing possibilities for himself and his kin. He simply twirls his way up a nearby branch, giving me that smug look and I know the minute I leave my house he will be back at his appointed task.

I received a letter from my insurance company last week - my house insurance evaluation and thus my premium has doubled.  They added a paragraph at the end of the cover letter that there was a possibility that my house may be "overinsured."   Wait until I show them the hundreds of little round holes that my little SOB has drilled into my siding.  Overinsured - ya think?